This week on “20 questions”, we’ve interviewed the one and only Melia Mariano. Melia rose to fame when videos on youtube of “Single Ladies” and “My Boyfriend’s Back” went viral on youtube, and she has been a dancing sensation ever since. Melia has been dancing for almost 10 years, and has danced at Dance Precisions (where she is now) and Mather Dance Company. Melia is an honour roll student who has been accepted to study at Orange County School of the Arts!
- How old were you when you started dance?
3 years old
- How/why did you start dancing?
Because my sister was dancing.
- Who are your role models in dance, people who inspire you?
My dance teachers and pretty much everyone on So You Think You Can Dance
- How many hours of dance do you take every week?
I take about 15-18 hours of dance a week
- What styles of dance do you take class in?
I take lyrical, contemporary, jazz, hip hop, tap, ballet and modern
- Which one is your favorite?
- What have you learned from dance?
Confidence, how to be a performer and to be committed.
- Do you hope to be a professional dancer someday?
- What was your favorite dance (solo or group) you ever performed?
Single Ladies and Divas
- What is your favorite part about dance?
Performing on stage
- Tell us a bit about your hobbies besides dance.
I enjoy swimming and hanging out with my friends
- One word to describe you would be … ?
- Favorite TV shows or movies?
Toddlers and tiaras
- Books you’d recommend?
- What songs are you currently listening to?
- What is your favorite memory?
Being on set for Just Dance and other commercials because it’s always fun and I get to meet new people and be on TV (:
- If you had a million dollars, how would you spend it?
Saving animals and buying a bigger house
- Favorite quote?
”Kill them with kindness”
- Which superpower would you like to have?
- Any advice you’d give to other kids who have just started dancing?
Work hard … and never give up!